Thursday, March 22, 2012

Of Monks & Space Marines...

Here we are again with Humanities. sketched up a "Monk" I had the upper torso more or less sketched out, and wasn't sure what to do with it. Then a brief mention of Buddism during my class got my gears turning, and bam I drew a Monk haha. Ideas really do come from everywhere.

So finished with my Monk, I just drew a shape. Which I stared at for awhile, and said to myself that would be an interesting helmet. The shape became the head of my "space marine" next to the monk. I thought it made for a nice change to the usual design for space marines. Almost knight-like or papal in the way it looks. I'm sure it's not entirely practical either... but I like it. I really liked the concept of it all when I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment